whats a good shampoo for a red toy - Poodle Forum - Standard Poodle, Toy Poodle, Miniature Poodle Forum ALL Poodle owners too!
   

Go Back   Poodle Forum - Standard Poodle, Toy Poodle, Miniature Poodle Forum ALL Poodle owners too! > Poodle Forums > Poodle Grooming

Poodle Grooming Grooming Poodles is important to their health discuss poodle grooming.

PoodleForum.com is the premier Poodle Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Points: 4,491, Level: 45 Points: 4,491, Level: 45 Points: 4,491, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Names of dogs: Kimmy
Poodle Type: Toy
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 43
Thanks: 23
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default whats a good shampoo for a red toy

Hey everyone, I recently got a red toy poodle...just wondering what is a good shampoo to help keep her color? Thanks!
Pipikuma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pipikuma For This Useful Post:
Marcoislandmom (11-05-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-05-2012, 03:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 7,464, Level: 60 Points: 7,464, Level: 60 Points: 7,464, Level: 60
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Marcoislandmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Poodle Type: Standard
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 361
Thanks: 462
Thanked 292 Times in 140 Posts
Default

Red on red if you want to accentuate the color. I personally don't use it because I show my standard and judges are a bit critical of her normal red color -- which is a medium red. Many still only want to see newsprint poodles (black or white). So, I do as little as I can to attract attention to her red. Of course, I love it personally
Marcoislandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marcoislandmom For This Useful Post:
Pipikuma (11-05-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Points: 4,491, Level: 45 Points: 4,491, Level: 45 Points: 4,491, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Names of dogs: Kimmy
Poodle Type: Toy
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 43
Thanks: 23
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoislandmom View Post
Red on red if you want to accentuate the color. I personally don't use it because I show my standard and judges are a bit critical of her normal red color -- which is a medium red. Many still only want to see newsprint poodles (black or white). So, I do as little as I can to attract attention to her red. Of course, I love it personally
Thanks! I will give that a try. By the way, her color is beautiful!


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Pipikuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 27,560, Level: 100 Points: 27,560, Level: 100 Points: 27,560, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
mom24doggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Names of dogs: Baloo, Pepper, Dusty, Sammie, Trevvor, Raven
Poodle Type: Miniature, Toy
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,461
Thanks: 1,415
Thanked 1,548 Times in 728 Posts
Default

I was going to say red on red as well. However, it will not prevent fading, only highlight what she has.
__________________

"Love is the emotion that a woman feels always for a poodle dog and sometimes for a man." ~George Jean Nathan
mom24doggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Points: 1,447, Level: 22 Points: 1,447, Level: 22 Points: 1,447, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 67
Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Great question Pipikuma! We have a red Klein...I've been so concerned about shampoos that won't dry out her skin, I hadn't even thought about finding a product to accent her beautiful red color! For those who have used the "red on red"...what conditioner do you recommend?
iuhippiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 27,560, Level: 100 Points: 27,560, Level: 100 Points: 27,560, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
mom24doggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Names of dogs: Baloo, Pepper, Dusty, Sammie, Trevvor, Raven
Poodle Type: Miniature, Toy
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,461
Thanks: 1,415
Thanked 1,548 Times in 728 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhippiechick View Post
Great question Pipikuma! We have a red Klein...I've been so concerned about shampoos that won't dry out her skin, I hadn't even thought about finding a product to accent her beautiful red color! For those who have used the "red on red"...what conditioner do you recommend?
After you Bathe, also by Chris Christensen. It seals the coat shaft without weighing the coat down. If I don't want a heavy conditioner that is what I reach for.
__________________

"Love is the emotion that a woman feels always for a poodle dog and sometimes for a man." ~George Jean Nathan
mom24doggies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mom24doggies For This Useful Post:
Zmyjka (11-05-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 113,411, Level: 100 Points: 113,411, Level: 100 Points: 113,411, Level: 100
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,612
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1,118 Times in 654 Posts
Default

Genetics- that is the most important. Otherwise everyone has a different shampoo that they love best & depends on coat type as well. 1st do you like scent or no scent? If no scent then my favorites are The Groomers Secret or Eric Salas line. I use both these on my grooming competition Poodles. If you like scent then what type of scent? Floral, citrus, fruity, perfume etc.... I personally like Quadruped Protein Shampoo & the All in One, also like Nootie shampoo the Cherry Blossom, & Lime are my favorites but all 4 they sell I lilke the scent on. For a non descript scent then I like Show Season- many like the Clean shampoo, for my shop I use the Pro-Tek 3 & the Soothe & have tried the 84-1, System, White shampoo etc... High end perfume type smell the Isle of Dog I have used but didn't like all their scents & some people/groomers like the Les Pooch (very scenty here). I am not a favorite of fruit smells so I don't have a recommend there.

I always use a good conditioner so I bathe weekly without drying. I use the Eric Salas on my own Poodles, the Quadruped Texturizer, Show Season Result Rinse & the Groomers Secret. These are my favorites.

I don't bother with color enhancing shampoos because I have yet to find they enhance anything. I have CC Black on Black & it does NOTHING- I can even use it on the white parts of my black dog with nothing happening so don't even bother with these types of shampoos. Genetics will either keep your dog red or genetics will fade your dog out.
3dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3dogs For This Useful Post:
Pipikuma (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Points: 4,491, Level: 45 Points: 4,491, Level: 45 Points: 4,491, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Names of dogs: Kimmy
Poodle Type: Toy
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 43
Thanks: 23
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dogs View Post
Genetics- that is the most important. Otherwise everyone has a different shampoo that they love best & depends on coat type as well. 1st do you like scent or no scent? If no scent then my favorites are The Groomers Secret or Eric Salas line. I use both these on my grooming competition Poodles. If you like scent then what type of scent? Floral, citrus, fruity, perfume etc.... I personally like Quadruped Protein Shampoo & the All in One, also like Nootie shampoo the Cherry Blossom, & Lime are my favorites but all 4 they sell I lilke the scent on. For a non descript scent then I like Show Season- many like the Clean shampoo, for my shop I use the Pro-Tek 3 & the Soothe & have tried the 84-1, System, White shampoo etc... High end perfume type smell the Isle of Dog I have used but didn't like all their scents & some people/groomers like the Les Pooch (very scenty here). I am not a favorite of fruit smells so I don't have a recommend there.

I always use a good conditioner so I bathe weekly without drying. I use the Eric Salas on my own Poodles, the Quadruped Texturizer, Show Season Result Rinse & the Groomers Secret. These are my favorites.

I don't bother with color enhancing shampoos because I have yet to find they enhance anything. I have CC Black on Black & it does NOTHING- I can even use it on the white parts of my black dog with nothing happening so don't even bother with these types of shampoos. Genetics will either keep your dog red or genetics will fade your dog out.
how is the nooties conditioner? Are they good enough to be used weekly without drying?
Pipikuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
Points: 113,411, Level: 100 Points: 113,411, Level: 100 Points: 113,411, Level: 100
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,612
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1,118 Times in 654 Posts
Default

Sorry, just getting back to using a computer. I have not tried the Nootie conditioner since each shampoo scent has a matching conditioner scent. I like some scent but it is either the shampoo that will be scented & my conditioner unscented or reverse that & the shampoo will not have scent & my conditioner will but I don't buy a conditioner for every shampoo scent. I think that any good conditioner is ok to use weekly after you bathe. Just make sure you read to see if it is a leave in or wash out. Also, many people never use conditioner. Again depending on the conditioner it can soften a coat & so you have to know what type of coat your dog has. I use conditioner on both my Poodles, my Spoo actually gets 2 helpings, 1 before bath & 1 after the shampoo & it get's left in but he has a plush coat.
3dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chris Christensen Red on Red Shampoo Ryker's_Mom General Buy/Sell 1 03-28-2012 12:34 PM
Good shampoo and conditioner suggestions? Malorymoo Poodle Grooming 4 05-04-2011 03:30 PM
Red Poodle Shampoo *heather* Poodle Grooming 22 07-20-2010 01:15 PM
Shampoo/conditioner/finishing spray for red toy? fjm Poodle Grooming 10 06-29-2010 02:15 PM
Good Shampoo's Anyone ?? SECRETO Poodle Grooming 10 10-09-2008 07:18 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
All (C) PoodleForum.com
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com