Poodle Forum banner

taste of the wild

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  crain 
#1 ·
I currently feed TOTW prairie to my crew because Vernon can't have corn/grains and they all do really well on it. Would TOTW be ok to feed an 8 week old spoo?

#6 ·
Taste of the Wild does have a puppy version. What I'd probably do if I were in your situation and you wanted to feed the same food to both dogs is put the adult back on "puppy" food (the biggest difference is the amount of calories, but the puppy food has a slightly different ratio of certain things, namely Calcium and Phosphorous, that are geared toward a growing puppy).

You will need to decrease your adult dog's food intake if you switch to puppy food until your puppy is older, because of the difference in calorie content.

#11 ·
Like I said, Max isn't a fussy eater..in fact he has the Halo collar on from being neutered and we've received a lot of snow here in N. Michigan. He uses the cone to scoop up snow to eat and also throw snowballs in the air. Lol. Aren't poodles just clowns? He driving us crazy! Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.