Poodle Forum banner

My girl Stella, it has only been 3 short months!

4K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Dallasminis 
#1 ·
I look at Stella today and I can't believe it is the same dog. I did not even think she was pretty when I first got her... look at her shine. She is doing so good. I am so glad I did not give up on her. She continues to get better and better everyday.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Your commitment to Stella really paid off! Shows what love and determination and good eats and exercise and grooming can do for a girl.:smile: She's lucky to be yours, and she is just lovely!

#12 ·
Update :

I have had "My girl Stella" a year now. She is not the same dog that I started with. She is doing so good, we have our moments... just today, she rolled on a dead mole 30 mins before I had a lunch date! I was yelling at her like a crazy woman to leave it... didn't do a bit of good. So I had to rush in undress, get her into the tub ASAP. This is my life with Stella. But I love her to pieces, she makes me laugh and that is what it is all about, right? I will admit that I finally did have to make a believer out her that I was done with her fighting Carley and since that day, they have both been great. In a year she has gained 7lbs and, IF YOU CAN BELIEVE THIS, I SWEAR IT IS TRUE, her 3rd eyelid that used to show , shows no longer! I hated that, made a point of making sure it never showed in any of her photos. I was told that if I could get her healthy enough it would receded and it has. She is a beautiful dog, and I am so lucky to have her.

#18 ·
She is absolutely stunning! She has become what she has, because she has an amazing Poodle Mom! You are so right in saying that they make us laugh, and that is what life is all about. It is about enjoying the good times, and treasuring those to help us thru the bad times. You Stella is just wonderful, and very blessed to have you!

Reactions: Carley's Mom
#21 · (Edited)
I feed kibble and a raw diet. I have been feeding Wellness No Grain Fish and Orijen Red No Grain. I sometimes top it with Honest Kitchen No Grain . I also feed fresh raw eggs. I think a lot of her weight is muscle. She had none when I got her and I walk her 4 miles a day, plus lots of play, off the leash time. Her Raw Diet is mostly chicken, but I do feed beef and venison as well. Thanks!

#22 ·
She's lovely. It just goes to show that good care, love and patience pays off. It's just great that you have this wonderful bond now. Congrats.

Reactions: Carley's Mom
#23 ·
Stella was just so different from any other dog I have ever had. But my main issue with her was the fighting. She had no " want to please" in her at all. It was all about what she wanted. I had never had a dog like that... but yes, we did get there ! She is a big cuddle bug now and training has paid off ! She is strong headed and it took a lot of work. I understand how her first owner let her go, she had a toy poodle that Stella was also aggressive with and with the size difference she just could not keep her. I felt sorry for her, it was the first time she had ever given up on a dog. The first dog I ever thought about giving up on ... but thankfully I did not!

#26 ·
What a beautiful girl! I don't have pictures that really show how bad Halona was when I rescued her. She was terrified, very poorly groomed, and her eyes where just sad and dead. She turned around fast into the beautiful devoted Spoo she is today!!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.