Poodle Forum banner

52 weeks of Jazz

40K views 300 replies 51 participants last post by  P2alix 
#1 · (Edited)
I am going to give this a try. I may not be able to hang in there, but I did with Bonnie. :)

A little catch up first:

2 weeks (second from left):

4 weeks:

6 weeks:

8 weeks:
coming home

missing mom and siblings, but hey, grass is tasty

8 1/2 weeks with Bonnie. You know how hard it is to get a black and an apricot picture without either a washed out apricot or a black blob?! This will take some practice!:

See less See more
#201 ·
Thanks, Lou. He is a touch over 25 inches tall. He may be done with his height. He hasn't grown taller in the last couple months. He weighs about 55 pounds. The growth chart had predicted in the 26 inch/64 pounds range, but I am not sure he'll get that tall. I'll measure and weigh him next week for fun. It been a month or more since I did.

#203 · (Edited)
43 weeks! I measured and weighed him:
25.5 inches tall and 58 pounds, but he is a little slim. Not skinny, but slim. He's only grown a half an inch the last couple months (he is 9.5 months old now). He might hit 26 inches? He needs a good brushing today, but I figure you have seen him spiffy lots of times. :

Come on, let's goooooo!!

A huge milestone has finally arrived. Bonnie can tell you what it is because her head got wet. She looked quite annoyed:

#204 ·
He is just gorgeous! And I can't help but mentioning, that Bonny is looking very pretty!!!
I think he is going to do really well in showing!

Reactions: outwest
#206 · (Edited)
Thank you, Mollie. We're making a plan, but haven't made final decisions about when. :) He is much more sure of himself than he was a couple months ago. Bonnie's my special girl. She isn't like Jazz, but she bleeds personality and smarts. I'm lucky.

Judy, I was starting to wonder if he was ever going to lift his leg! As he's gotten bolder (they know his name at Lowe's now) he is lifting his leg. I keep thinking marking (outside) isn't a bad way for the boy to assert himself. ;)

#210 ·
Oh no! I fell behind! I love the pictures of Jazz and Bonnie together; they are both beautiful!
Congratz on Jazz lifting his leg! Ash, though not a Spoo, is almost three and *just* started to leg lift when we went to the new dog park...but he only does it on one trash can at the dog park. lol. Part of me is excited to see when Reiki starts, but Hubby wants to neuter him well before then.

I love the space picture!

#211 · (Edited)
45 weeks old (10 months old!):

This is getting really hard to do! What have you not seen? You've seen my backyard. You've seen Bonnie and Jazz. You've seen Jazz on the bed and catching balls and in the backyard and standing proudly and looking goofy and on the trail and dripping water. You must be sick of Jazz!!!! But, I'm not. :)

I know what you haven't seen much of- his profile. He's is always staring at me. Today my husband distracted him.

This is called, "I'm smiling because Mom whipped my hair up in one of those soft rubberbands all sloppy while pulling my eyeballs up too tight, but hey, I can see!"

This is called, "I've nearly got dreadlocks if I don't get brushed tonight! hint, hint."

#212 · (Edited)
10 months. A couple more from this morning. Poodles were brushed. Jazz is huge compared to Bonnie. His hair is so curly. The only time it is straight is for a day or so after his bath. I love the look in Echo's eye in the last one. :) He's thinking, "Darned poodles..."

My oldest daughter and her boyfriend just took Jazz on a walk in the foothills. oy. I had to give them all these instructions about keeping him out of the bushes, picking up poop, giving him treats and water and such. I think my daughter thinks I am wacko. LOL. Then to top it off I handed them Jazz' gold bling poodleit collar to put on him! My D's boyfriend started to laughing hysterically when he saw it. :) I told him, "Buck up. You're walking a POODLE!" I saw them continue to giggle as he got in their car. LOL

#215 ·
I just adore that last photo! Jazz looks like he's soooo happy and Bonnie looks like "MOM! HE'S SO ANNOYING!!!" It reminded me of my G-Daughter and G-Son! Hahaha!

P.S. Echo in the background looks fed up with both of them!

Reactions: outwest
#218 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. :) Jazz and Bonnie are thick as thieves. I always thought my Bonnie was the cutest thing, and she is. She is so prancy and perky and really smart. There is an enormous difference between her look and Jazzy, though, especially now that Jazz is starting to grow up and look more adult-like. Jazz holds himself with such, how do I say, snobbishness. He just stands there saying, "Check me out. Aren't I the cats pajamas?" He is getting quite full of himself. He's a real bad as% behind a sliding glass door. LOL. Bonnie is like the big sister rolling her eyes at him, "Oh, please...get a life."

Bonnie can turn on a dime, haul buns really fast! A couple of her siblings are agility dogs doing really well. She is a trick dog now. We're having fun with tricks! Jazz can not turn as quickly as she can, but he can LEAP straight up in the air. He floats when he walks whereas Bonnie is bouncy. He hops on the grooming table now like it's nothing. Bonnie does too, but she has to take a running leap. He just pops up there like it's nothing. And Jazz is a terrible toy hog. Bonnie gives up and Jazz hoardes all the toys around himself lest someone else might take one. I've seen him carrying three in his mouth. LOL

I have been incredibly pleased and a little surprised at the difference in Jazz' personality between 6 months and now at 10 months. He was such a woose at 6 months old I was pretty sure he could never be shown in a dog show. I worked and worked at it, taking him everywhere, letting my daughter take him out and about (she likes the attention he gathers ;)). It has really paid off! He is turning into the bold dog I always thought he was when he was little. :) :) :) I guess it was a phase he had to go through. His first AKC show is at the end of the month (finally!). He might be ready now! We'll see...

Echo just puts up with them both, but he knows his place is right next to me at night on the couch. Everyone else has to lie on the *gasp* floor.

And that's the story of the dogs. You'd think I had no life. Well, I do have a life full of dogs. I can't imagine having more than three. Three is plenty for me.

#226 ·
Oh, MY, he is such a pretty boy. It makes me laugh that he buries things, just like the little poos do, only on a MUCH larger scale! Yikes! And that poor squirrel looks like he is on the way out!
I always love your photos of the gang, keep them coming!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.