Poodle Forum banner

I heard Fallen Growl for the first time

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  itzfoxfire58 
#1 ·
Fallen is really quiet when he is in the house, other than when I come home then he will bark a few time then be quiet. So when I put him in his crate for the night and my husband and I were watching TV, I heard this noise, I asked my husband is Fallen growling and he said no, he is probably snoring (Fallen snores sometimes) and I said no he's growling, I looked over at him and he was in a down position with his head pointed towards the front door growling. I was really surprised as this is the first time I've heard him do this.

I've had other dogs in my life were I've heard them growling before, but he is so quiet that it took me by surprise. Even when he needs to go out he doesn't bark you just hear him walking back and forth in his crate and I get up and let him out or when he is loose in the house he will just go to the door until I let him out. I know one other time when we were in my room and he heard something and he jumped up and barked, but never growled.

I'm just so surprised, I will be watching to see if he does it again.

#4 ·
Mine, too. My dogs do not growl, either, but when they do it is for a reason. The last time Bonnie growled I peeked out the door (we have glass at the top) and there was a coyote in our atrium....They are so quiet you can't hear them, but she did.

Maybe there was something near your front door, like a person or strange animal?

#6 ·
I agree,probably something outside the door. That's the only time I hear Molly growl, very softly and like deep in her throat. It usually means there is someone in my Apt building's hallway. She runs back & forth from me to the door until I say "It's Ok, Quiet now!" Sometimes she lays in front of the door,still softly growling until shes sure 'it' is gone! Rarely does she bark while inside, and I am so glad since I do live in a apt!

#7 ·
Yes, he must have sensed something so I would be careful if he does it, too. Now Sunny, for instance, also growls quietly when he THINKS there is something to be afraid of......unfortunately, it has been limited to Christmas Day evening when he woke up and I heard him growling in the foyer......guess there were some scarey packages there that weren't there before!!! Or, it could be that big old shopping bag that was NOT here before!

#11 ·
Well he hasn't growled since that day so I guess things are okay. My husband always says hes good for nothing accept looking pretty, because he doesn't bark like the other dogs I have had, but I guess he made a believer out of him, he was shocked tooo LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.