Poodle Forum banner

Decide for me which of these shears please!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  3dogs 
#1 ·
I think I've got it narrowed down to two different ones.

Either the 8" curved and straight Aussie poodle shears Polished Shears

Or the Davis Extreme Edge 8.5" curved and straight (and probably their 7" thinner).

Davis Veterinary Products | Extreme Edge Shears

I groom mostly poodles but will be grooming more breeds more often. I have cheap shears for cutting but I need better quality finishing shears.

I called Aussie to ask some questions but forgot to ask if the poodle shears are convex or bevelled. Does anyone know?

#2 ·
I have a pair of Davis curves & they without fail the most extreme curves. I personally wouldn't use them as an every day shear. I have a small 7" straight from Davis & the are o.k. I have never used the Aussie shears but have heard good things for the $$. My 1st shears that I bought were Heritage & still have them 12 years later but now they are my "dirty" shears. I have gone up now in my price range for shears But still love a good deal. Have you gotten on FB th Barter groomers page. Lots of great shears there. Even brand new shears on sale for the holidays, Kenchii I still think are on sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.