Poodle Forum banner

Daisy's Procedures: Updates & Photos

3K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  outwest 
#1 ·
Daisy handled her procedures well yesterday although they said she did NOT want to go in the kennel and, in fact, she busted out of it one time! Poor thing, she was certain she didn't want to go back in one those things ever again! :(

They ended up having to extract a broken tooth and they did end up wanting to send the mass they removed for biopsy. They had said last week that they may not need to do biopsy, but once they were able to have a look at it, it was hard and dark in the middle and made it slightly suspicious. :(

I should get the results of that by Friday at the latest. She has been leaving the surgery site alone so far but when it starts healing in a few days it may become itchy and she may have to wear a cone at that point.

Here are some photos of the poor girl:

Yesterday after we came home, her poor mouth looks droopy on the side she had a tooth pulled.

Her incision :(

Her extraction site (you can see the stitch) and freshly cleaned teeth!

And, last, her pitiful weepy face while still feeling groggy last night

When paying my $400 vet bill, it disgusted me that I also had to pay her previous owners $300 to get her. I would love to know what they think that was for! To make sure I was going to take as good of care of her as they did? Arrrrgggghhhhh.......

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm glad all that's behind her, and hope the biopsy returns with good results. I look at what you paid the people you got her from as ransom. You REALLY rescued her from an awful life. It's annoying as all get out the price you and she both had to pay for her freedom, but thank goodness she is now yours and living well, safely and happily. Hope she heals well and fast.

#4 ·
Angel and I are sending healing thoughts and energy Daisy's way.

I know what you mean, as my Grandparents adopted a dog from just such a place to rescue her as well and then spent lots to get her healthy. Well as healthy as she got. I know that she was only granted a few years with them, but they were happy ones and she was so thrilled to have a home that cared for her.

Bless you for being that special person that it takes to do so. :angel:

#5 ·
Thanks everyone. It is so rewarding to bring her to better health. Once she is healed, I am looking forward to giving her another bath and full groom. It is going to take some time for all the stained hair to grow out, be clipped and replaced with new. Plus, she is now transitioning to grain-free food and fish oil supplements, so I think by summer she is going to shine!!!

#6 ·
You are amazing!! You are one of the Poodle Heroes. I couldn't believe just the initial transformation you made with her. And, once she heals, there is no doubt that she will shine; and probably you, right along with her.

I am so thankful for caring people like you.

I saw a magnetic ribbon on a car today that said "Rescue Mom"--it made me think of you and Daisy.

#10 ·
Yes Puppies look adorable and have puppy eyes, lol, but I love my adult rescues! They are wonderful. They can bond so well because they are so grateful to be rescued. :D Even if you do have things to sort out with them, I think they are for me a better fit right now than puppies. That is to say I cannot someday change my mind though.

#11 ·
I am so glad Daisy found you guys! You are a godsend to her! Hope the biopsy comes back clean, and Daisy gets on with her wonderful new life as a cherished member of a loving family. I still consider myself as a charter member of the Dude & Daisy fan club!

#15 ·
I am so happy for Daisy that she found you. She knows she is one of the truly lucky ones and she will shine because of the love she has from and for you. Thank you for opening your heart, home and wallet for a sweet girl who deserved a chance at a real life.

#16 ·
What is going on? I had no ideal anything was wrong with Daisy. When Stella had her stictches I found a bit of Tea Tree Oil would keep her from licking at them. Hope everything will be okay.

I am with you, a rescue even with a few issues is still hands down easier than a puppy! I don't see myself ever getting another puppy. I love giving home to a dog in need and not adding to the over breeding of puppies!

#17 ·
Well, we found a lump on her hip during that first bath she received. I posted about it in a thread in Poodle Health (I think), but basically the vet advised removing it regardless of it's origin because of its placement.

They said it may not need to be biopsied, but unfortunately once they remooved it they felt it looked suspicious because the center was hard and dark (whatever that means.). I am hoping I may hear something tomorrow, but I should know something by Friday at the latest.

#22 ·
#29 ·
My day is made happier now! So now I shall wait with bated breathe for the 'Dude & Daisy Show' to continue ..... Take II... Scene ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.