Poodle Forum banner

Favorite poodle color?

40K views 181 replies 118 participants last post by  BorderKelpie 
#1 ·
I know we all love ALL poodles, but everyone has to have a favorite that appeals to them more.

Black and apricot are my favorites. I Love a rich dark black! A light (not cream) apricot is my next favorite.

I have gotten to where i dont really like the reds anymore. I used to think i liked them, but now i dont really. The more red/orangey they are, the less they appeal to me. The more i see red poodles, the more i dislike the color. I dont really enjoy partis, and also dislike phantoms.

Again, i Love all poodles, but these are my personal color choices. :D

#2 ·
I have gotten to where i dont really like the reds anymore. I used to think i liked them, but now i dont really. The more red/orangey they are, the less they appeal to me. The more i see red poodles, the more i dislike the color.
'K then, since you dislike the color of my puppy I won't reply... :(

#85 ·
Really...:rolffleyes: not everyone has to like the colour of your dog.
Lets put our big girl panties on and get over it, if we all had the same opinions wed be robots.

I love white, black, and phantoms as long as the phantoms are nice looking and now brown.
I hateee dark chocolate especially on toys.
Not a fan of partis either.

#5 ·
Mine are black and cafe au lait (faded brown), so guess what, those are the colours I like. The only downside with a black is they are really difficult to photograph. My friend has reds and I like these too, also beautiful silver. Oh heck, I like them all, as someone said, they are poodles.

#175 ·
I know what you mean about difficult to photograph... even worse I wear mainly black clothes and people can never see Charles when I am cuddling him or if I have a picture holding him :D

Personally I would love to have one of each colour... I prefer reds and blacks but also like chocolate and apricot colours... I agree with just loving poodles all together not just their colours but since being on this site how I wish I could have a standard poodle to keep my toy company... be so cute walking them both together one of each size :p

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#8 ·
We have a black female and a cream male, but they are not my favorite colors. I like the ice whites and the silvers or silver beige colors the best I think. Heck, I don't know, I like them all, I really do not think there is any color that I could really say that I do not like.

#12 ·
White! My absolute favorite poodle color... it's so classic, beautiful, regal, pristine, etc.
My boy doesn't have "good" pigmentation (though he's cream anyway), he has a brown nose and brown rims around his green eyes, and I think it's just absolutely beautiful, but I agree that I love the dark black eyes and nose on whites.
My next favorite would be silver. I absolutely adore silvers, they look gorgeous when they're well groomed. They always sweep me off my feet!
I also really love partis. I'm not a fan of phantoms for some reason, but I do love the spotted look on parti poodles.

I don't really like dark colored poodles as much. Black, brown, red, etc. They look precious as puppies but for some reason I don't find them as appealing as other colors. (just my opinion! I have nothing against any color dog, of course lol) It's no doubt that I have seen some truly stunning blacks, browns, and reds, but in general I prefer other colors.

#13 ·
I have to admit I do love the silvers and a really pretty blue . I had a silver male that was out of a blue and she was stunning .. I have a silver femake now that is quite pretty . And I do like creams too HA HA I think I may liek them all too HA HA !!!!

#23 · (Edited)
You're kidding! I would guess that this is most people's least favorite color. :) It sure does grow on you though.

I like most colors but I want them to be strong. I love a White/Cream with great black pigment. I love an inky Black. I like a good dark Brown or Red or a really light platinum Silver or Silver Beige.

I don't care for the dilute colors very much: Cafe, Blue, Apricot. Sadly, my Delilah is getting a lot of grizzleing so she is going to look "Cafe" though really she is probably a bad Brown. :(

#16 ·
I love just about any of the colors with the exception of the phantoms. I love the look of a well bred poodle no matter what color it is. I do have a partiality to black. And, yes, they are difficult to photograph. Most of my kittens/cats have been mostly black or black patterned.

#17 ·
'K then, since you dislike the color of my puppy I won't reply...
:rolffleyes:

Just because *I* dont like a color doesnt mean someone has to take it personally (who am i really in the grand sceem of things anyways?:)). Im sure some people dont like the color, shape, size, whatever of my dog. I said it a couple times in my first post that they are all poodles, so we love them all. *Personally* i wouldnt Choose to own the colors i mentioned.

#20 ·
I like (in order): apricots, reds, blacks.

That isn't to say that I don't like poodles of other colors, just that if I have a choice in the color of my own personal pet, I would choose those first.

I'm trying to get used to partis. This comes from studying the AKC Bible as a kid and having it drilled into my head by them that partis are an abomination and should be avoided at all costs. I know this isn't true, but you know. Old habits die hard.

#21 ·
Thinking from the point of view of what colours I'd like to own, I'd say black, silver and blue. In terms of just looks I also like the whites and creams but just couldn't see myself owning one due to coat care. Eye stains, which some have, also bother me visually.

I'm pretty neutral on apricots, reds and browns, as to my eye they vary quite a lot, so some I like and some I don't like as much.

And as for partis, phantoms etc. I started out really liking those and now I don't like them as much. Although some are quite striking, others don't look quite right to me. So that's on a case by case basis too. :)

#22 ·
I'm an overall poodle lover, I'm not picky with my colors as long as they have the right pigments. Though my 'ideal' planned poodles to own would be a white female or black male, hope to own both some day, but would love to have a red or black&silver parti after.

Though I love all poodle colors, the one that appeals a little less to me are browns, which is weird.. because I ADORE Irish Water Spaniels.

#26 ·
I really like inky black, their coats look like velvet.
Also pure white, dark brown and red... but with reds I really like the extremely dark red... and you don't see many of those at all.
We've considered getting a red for a couple of months now, but the more I look at pictures of older dogs and websites and how much they've faded just after a year the more I move away from getting that color.
We'll probably end up with a white, black or brown minipoo.
I know browns fade as well, but they actually don't look all that bad to me when they've faded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.