Poodle Forum banner

Stella and Chewys

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Minnie 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Has anyone tried feeding Stella and Chewys Dehydrated Raw? I found this at an agility show this weekend and it was highly recommended. I purchased a sample bag of the lamb version to try for Bella (toy poodle). She is currently on Origen kibble but has recently had loose stools.

If you have fed this was it with kibble (Bella is 4lbs) so I'm concerned about 2 meals a day hypoglycemia? Also it seems such a small amount of food looking at the package directions.

Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
I use Stella & Chewy's Carnivore Crunch (Chicken and Beef) training treats for Chagall. I've considered using their food too because he absolutely loves the treats. I know someone who used to feed it to her poodle, but migrated to "homemade"l raw. I'll be interested to follow this thread! :eating:

Reactions: Minnie
#6 ·
Is there a specific ingredients it is too high in? I'm concerned about it being too rich.... We do not have a local source for premade raw - hour+ drive to purchase the frozen NV so I thought I could have this shipped online.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated!

#5 ·
I also use S&C to supplement the kibble that I give to Max. He is not interested in eating a lot of kibble so I am trying to get a little more meat on his bones! He has weighed 14 lbs. 3 oz. for the last month so I guess that is his natural weight. His dad weighs about the same. This is the first dog that I have not been fighting to keep their weight down!

#7 ·
It was just a little rich for Sunny, high caloric, etc. that is not to say it won't work for you. He loves the surf and turf. It was just my opinion, each dog is different and he does better on a brand of premade raw I have been using, that is all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.